( I wish you could see the bruises that it left for almost a week. Joe thought that we needed a picture of this whole experience.)
I have been debating about how much you should write about ones birthing experience? Do people really want to hear all of the crazy sometimes TMI details of having a baby. I came to the conclusion that I don't want to forget my experience but that I would write them in my personal journal and save you all from having to read about it. Don't get me wrong it was a great experience overall and probably the best "hospital experience" I have ever had but...let me just share the worst part. Did I mention that I absolutely loved my nurses...well I did except when they tried to put my IV in. WOW...did that HURT!!
Thinking back the IV has always been somewhat of a problem. With Makayla I was shocked to look over and find myself, the bed and the nurse covered with blood when she did something crazy but it didn't hurt or I don't remember it hurting.My first clue should have been that they asked if the student nurse wanted to give it a try. Being so considerate they asked what hand I was and when learning that I was left handed started the torture in the right hand. I usually just turn my head and don't watch but I happen to look when I heard them say that it was ballooning up. It is pretty weird seeing your skin blowing up like a balloon. They abandoned that spot with a lot of pressure and tape and moved on to the 2nd try and then the third, the fourth this time in the left hand, the fifth and the sixth and it was at this point that I realized I was getting a bit hot and sweaty. I started to tell them that I didn't feel so good and that I thought I might throw up. The next thing I knew I was saying that I couldn't see anymore and I was having trouble breathing. The last I heard was them saying one more time and we will call the specialist. I woke to hear them saying, We got it! I now had an oxygen mask and cold wet towels around my head. At that point I wasn't sure how the rest of the day was going to go. Thank goodness things got better! I hope I never need an IV again!

1 comment:
Not that I am happy to hear that story, but it is so nice to know I am not the only one!!!! That has happened to me with every baby and is my greatest fear for when I have the next one, crazy how that can be so tramatizing. YOu little one is so cute!! Congrats.
Post a Comment