Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sleep is overrated!

Who needs sleep? Well actually I do! I am an eight hour a night sleeper and when I can get a nap in during the day...all the better! Having said that I was a bit worried about a new baby after 5 yrs. Much to my surprise I am doing well being sleep deprived until yesterday.

I am use to the little man in my life waking me up. I am even use to my middle man needing to be woken for a quick bathroom trip but I am not use to my main man needing me in the middle of the night.

Because of that I was a bit dazed when at 3:39 am, one hour after falling asleep after feeding Joshua Joe woke me up and said that he needed me to get up. I said, okay wondering why? When he told me that he was bleeding and needed my help you can imagine what was going through my head... a bloody nose? how is he bleeding? what time is it? why is he awake? No it wasn't a bloody nose... my crazy hubby was up weight lifting so that he could go mountain biking afterward, so he could be to work on time. In between sets he decided to get his bike down which hangs from hooks in the garage so he could get it ready. The bike slipped, the pedal landing on his upper lip and the whatchamacallit that the chain goes around digging into his forehead. He came in to check out the blood dripping from his lip to discover his head bleeding also and his lip cut gaping open if he smiled. One look and I knew he had to go in. While searching for a butterfly bandage to keep it closed until he could get to the urgent care instead of the ER (because I didn't want to pay that bill) he started to get shakey, hot and sweaty. Being very familiar with those feelings (the details of which are for another post) I knew that he was close to passing out. Thinking that I didn't want him to pass out and hit his head we got him to the couch, put a cold wash cloth on him and waited for his coloring to come back.

4 hours later... After waiting an additional hour at Urgent care the doctor comes in looks at it and says, "well, its going to scar no matter what we do. I don't think we will put stiches in, we will just tape it up." This is right after Joe heard him say how busy he was. Now maybe he didn't need stitches but should I be concerned that it seeped blood the rest of the day, or that as soon as he smiles it is going to open right back up or that my husband looks like Hitler?

Needless to say I was a bit tired yesterday but hooray for a tender mercy of the Lord when Joshua had the best night yet last night.

I wish I had the picture right after it happened. All cleaned up it doesn't look so bad.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Ouch! Give Joe a big hug from his Auntie Linda. And a big hug for Joshua, too.