Lately I have had interactions with my kids that have just left me laughing. I love how little kids brains work.
Emily-she keeps us laughing alot. The other day Joe took all of the kids on a bike ride. For her it was a rather long, hard bike ride especially when you have a little bike with training wheels. She came in very tired and worn out. The next day she came to me and said, "Mom, you know that bike ride we went on...it was really hard for me to keep up. I was really tired on the way back and so I just kept saying, Who's the man...I am Who's the man...I am!" (Where did she learn that?) As a side note the next day she had her Dad take off her training wheels and she took off!
Makayla-Sometimes I want to pull my own hair out when I am doing Makayla's hair in the morning. She always wants to be dancing, singing, making faces in the mirror, etc. never holding very still without several reminders. The other day was no exception. She was singing and all of a sudden she let out this piercing, crazy sound and jerked. I said, "What the heck Makayla, you need to be more ladylike (I sounded just like my mother at that moment) and calm down." She said, "You know mom, I have GENT BLOOD in me too. They climb trees, run around, and yell!" I think her dad has been telling her childhood stories again.
Taylor-my sweet kind big brother! Joe was out of town and I was putting the kids to bed. The time of night that really tests my patience. The kids were all sleeping in the same room and Makayla started asking about when the baby comes. She got this worried look and said, "Mom, aren't you scared because it hurts to have a baby?" I tried to reassure here that everything would be fine and that I would be able to get through it okay. She thought for a few seconds and then said, "I am not sure I want to have babies. I don't want it to hurt." Taylor all of a sudden spoke up and said, "Don't worry Makayla you will be fine and I will be right there in the delivery room with you." I love that boy!

2 comments:
Sooo cute! Sooo funny! and Sooo Sweet! It sounds like the Gent household is full of fun. (You might want to have your Taylor talk to our Mike about the birthing room experience and what it does to your mind when you walk into your sister's room in the middle of pushing) TRAUMATIC!
By the way, I can just hear your mom telling you to calm down and be more ladylike. Aunt Debbie gave me a little saying once. It went something like this, "Sooner or later, we all quote our mothers."
Yes, it does sound like they all have "Gent" blood running in their veins, but I can see a lot of your blood as well! They are looking so grown up and sounding that way, too!
Post a Comment