Before we told the kids!
IT'S A BOY! (I didn't get the really good one of Makayla sobbing!)
If you are wondering where the picture of Emily is...she said, "oh bummer, I wanted a girl." and then went on her way doing her thing. I knew that Makayla would be disappointed but I had no idea the several hours of crying/sobbing/ disappointment etc. would be so dramatic. Then out of nowhere the brilliant idea of going shopping occured to me. I told Makayla and Emily that I would take them to pick out the very first outfits for our little boy and that it would be a girls night out. Problem solved! Well mostly solved if you don't count her not wanting to tell anyone at school. Or her telling me that she didn't understand because she never once forgot to ask for a girl in her prayers but that she knew Taylor forgot a lot to ask for a boy! We, the girls had a lot of fun together shopping and I think there definitely needs to be more of that in the next few months.

10 comments:
Congratulations! I love little boys (and little girls)! What a good idea to take the girls shopping and involve them in your joy. See, you are a good mom!
congratulations! it seems like everyone else I know is having a girl, so he'll have plenty of choices when the time comes. :-)
Congrats! That is so fun. You are following our path. All the girls have to do is hold that boy once and they will forget. Just be careful because he will become the next dress up toy for the girls. Make sure the finger nail paint is far out of reach.
Hooray! 2 boys, and 2 girls. Worked out wonderfully for you guys. Now to pick a name....
When we told Jacki that Andrew was going to be a boy, we also had several days of crying....but that was good, because by the time he was born, she was used to the idea and loved him even more. Congrats!!!!
Congratulations!!! :)
that is just about the sweetest story ever! i just want to hug mckayla! i'm so happy for you!
Tell Makayla I know just how she feels but that she should feel lucky she already has a sister. I had 4 brothers come after me and by the last one...I threw a royal fit, hid behind the couch and said I wanted nothing to do with him...didn't want to see him, touch him, feed him...NOTHING. Until I saw him...(That brother was Sam who I happen to be really close with) Congrats!!! Lucky girl...2 of each.
by the way....it's me, JENN
Hi Kathryn. I can't remember where I got that pregnancy countdown, but I know that I just googled "pregnancy Countdown" and several options came up. Good luck!
Post a Comment