I didn't have to take out a second loan but I thought I might have too. The older the kids get, the more expensive they get. Taylor's supply list was twice as long as Makayla's. I actually thought to myself that the kids didn't need much for back to school so cost wise it wouldn't be so bad. Wow, for not needing much...you add up the supplies, socks, underwear, tennis shoes, a new outfit or two, (we don't buy much in the way of clothes until it starts to cool down) not to mention the new soccer equipment because that has started, new dance shoes, and leotards, tights, and jazz pants (who knew that jazz pants were different then regular black stretch pants) because that is about to start and get their hair cut so they are presentable...the monthly budget is about wiped out.
After all is said and done, it is worth it. The kids can't wait for school to start. The girls have tried on their new out fits a bunch of times. Makayla has informed me specifically how she wants her hair done the first day and Taylor has specified what he wants for breakfast his first day. Emily can't understand why her school doesn't start the same day as the others and asks almost everyday about when she gets to start. Tonight is our ice cream social at the school. The kids get to see their classrooms and meet their teachers. Let the new year begin!
FYI-Over two hours at Wal-Mart with all three kids picking out school supplies can be very exhausting. (but pretty fun seeing how excited they all got!)

8 comments:
You are so on top of it. I haven't even started and school is 3 days away. It's crazy all the supplies they need. Each year it gets longer with stuff I am wondering why they even need. Good luck. So excited for school to start.
Love ya
Aubs
tell me about it!
yeah, i didn't realize that our kindergarten classes start a week and a half later than everyone else. that threw a wrench in our plans a bit.
So now I know how you get your bloging in you do it at the crack of dawn. I had to laugh when I saw you were blogging at 6:30 AM good luck with the school supplies your kids seem pretty excited to start up again
This is totally funny because I just got home with my three kids. Mike called while we were at Wal-mart and I informed I am sure I would go crazy with the three of them. We then went to Fred Meyers and Costco. What was I thinking! Yes, I agree with you, I can't believe how quickly things add up. Just wait until High School, we need two loans, one for registration day, and one for the calculators. Love ya, miss ya, hope the kids have a great first day. Hugs, Deb.
I can still remember as a child how exciting the first days of school were with my new pencils and workbooks. Even the air smelled differently. Autumn is still my favorite time of year because of the memories. Joe and Kathryn Gent kids: "Have a great year!" Love, Aunt Linda
I can't believe how much your little family has grown. We missed seeing you guys this summer! Looks like all is well with you!
Luvs,
the bigelows (jess and jer)
Oh Honey....it's only just begun!!! I used to think December was my most expensive month...but August has given it a run for its money (no pun intended).
We got a note this year saying in light of the recent economic situtaion... our district is asking parents to contribute less this year in regards to school supplies. I think I still bought the same amount of stuff I just kept it for our own stash! I love school supplies!
AND, as I started reading this post I noticed off to the side "The Farr Family" and thought... hmm... I wonder, and sure enough, they just moved into our ward! How do you know them? I know they said they moved from Nevada but I never thought to ask where in NV.
Post a Comment