Friday, August 14, 2009

Lake Tahoe

A Wonderful trip to end the summer on. We had so much fun and even though Joe had to work all week we did as much as we could in the evenings together. The first full day we spent on the beach. It was pretty windy but it didn't stop the kids from swimming and playing in the sand. We had heard that it was suppose to get colder the next few days...little did I know that Tahoe would be getting SNOW! Yes folks, I didn't type that wrong. Snowflakes fell! Unfortunately or maybe fortunately the kids and I had gone to see a movie because it was so cold and raining off and on. When we came out everyone was buzzing about the snowflakes that had fallen never quite reaching the ground. Hello...it's AUGUST! Anyway, it warmed up the next day and we enjoyed more fun outdoor activities one of the most enjoyable for me was watching the kids play Mini golf. I laughed so hard and the kids loved it. I got an absolute kick out of watching Emily play. The meetings that Joe attends are a yearly thing and so we laughed as we talked about what it will be like when our kids are teenagers and we take our yearly trip to Lake Tahoe. Do you think we will have to drag them up there? (especially when we wont let them be texting or have earphones in??) Now it's back to the real world and the beginning of a new school year.

These guys were at the start of the mini golf so the kids decided to immitate them. Pretty cute!




One morning while the kids were waiting for me to get ready I walked out of the bathroom and found Taylor and Makayla teaching eachother how to dance. It was so cute. I even got video of it but when Taylor realized that I had taken video he started to cry and asked me not to put it on my blog. He was embarassed. I got special permission after some pleading to put on the picture.



The kids had fun burying eachother.


This is definitely a lesson in never giving up!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Cute, cute pictures. Can't believe there was snow at Tahoe this time of year. What a fun trip it sounds like. You certainly seem to enjoy your children--it's great to read about your adventures with them.

Jenn said...

Looks like a lot of fun. When your kids are teenagers they will still want to go to Lake Tahoe, how can they not, when they have parents like you guys!!!

jenn gent said...

Emily plays golf like me!

Cute pictures... I love the dancing ones!

Cami said...

So FuN!!! Emily can always make me laugh. Looks like you had a lot of fun...we missed you this summer. Seems like everytime we turned around you were off on a new adventure! Looks like everyone had fun though!

lydia moyer said...

that is so cute of emily golfing! it reminds me of my elsie and something she would do. if it was me i would have said screw it i hate this game anyway and wondered off to eat something candy coated and dipped in chocolate!