This weekend Aunt Ruth hosted a girls slumber party at her house. Adryann & Brynee (two cousins from Washington) were visiting and so all of the girls got together. Seven little girls ranging from 1 to 7. Ruth said that it was just like having teenage girls at her house the way they giggled and talked. Afterward Ruth had to share something that Makayla said. I am laughing just thinking about it. I am not sure how the conversation led up to this but Makayla said, "I know boys have germs and girls have cooties!" Then she said, "and did you know my friend Valaree's cooties are growing." (Pointing to her chest) The cousins quickly caught on and one said, "I've seen my mom's cooties!" That is when Ruth quickly steered the conversation back to princesses! I can remember as a little girl thinking things meant one thing only to learn later what they really meant. After laughing and thinking about that conversation the thought came to my mind...if that is what Makayla thinks girls "cooties" are then what does she think boys "germs" are? Makayla and I had a really good sit down talk and I had to smile when she said, "OHHHHH... I get it Mom, now I know!" Whew...glad we cleared that up! I love my girl!
How to Open a Coconut
1 week ago

4 comments:
this is hilarious!!! haha. I love her. You have no idea how hard i laughed when i read this!!! i can't wait to see her this summer!!!
still laughing. I remember when I was little and I thought 'hyperitis' was a swear word, because adults always said that, in a negative way, about me. I think I like Makayla's terms for things...I might have to start calling mine cooties too!!
So funny!
Absolutely hilarious. I love the terms kids give body parts. Wonder how they come up with that?
Post a Comment