Friday, June 5, 2009

Let the summer begin!

Yesterday was the last day of school! I think I was as excited as the kids were. This has been a great year in school for our kids and we were so pleased with their teachers and the progress they made. Driving home from school I asked the kids a few questions.

Q: What was your FAVORITE thing about kindergarten/3rd grade?
Taylor: LUNCH! (are you kidding me son?) after that reaction he said, "Getting straight A's for the first time."
Makayla: "Friends!"
Q: What was the WORST part about Kindergarten/3rd grade?
Taylor: "That's easy, when you and Dad saw that I had missing assignments on my progress report."
Makayla: "The one time I had to flip my card."
Q: What did you like best about your teacher this year?
Taylor: "I liked asking her questions especially what she had for breakfast...laugh laugh... because I knew she had the same thing every day." (Son, is that your favorite thing about Mrs. Floyd?) ...Okay my favorite thing is that I get to have her again next year." (The funny thing is I just got an email from Taylor's teacher asking him what he had for breakfast this morning.)
Makayla: "Miss Mills was so so so so so nice to me and she did special things with us."
Miss Mills & Makayla
Mrs. Floyd & Taylor

4 comments:

Jenn said...

we are 3 weeks into summer and finally starting to get in a routine again. Enjoy. When do you go to Montana

Ruthie said...

we are so glad to be able to be a part of you summer fun. As you said, let the funs begin.

Karyn said...

I wish I was into summer!!! I'm jealous. We still have 2 1/2 weeks of school left. I loved your Q&A post with your kids!
They are so cute!!!

Kristi said...

I love doing the Q&A with my kids. I nver know what my kids are going to say. Fun.