This last Saturday I treated myself to a Mother's day gift by purchasing and planting flowers in my pots. This is something that makes me happy and all throughout the summer I enjoy looking at them. The kids and their cousins wanted to help but soon decided that it was too hot and they needed to cool down. Why not? They insisted that they needed the "Nemo" sprinkler instead of just turning on the automatic sprinklers...oh yeah that's how we use to do it.
I grabbed my camera when I saw all of them warming up on the driveway. It was in the high 80's maybe even the 90's. They were cold...Only in the desert!

4 comments:
How fun! I planted flowers last week, too. I love the summer activities, but I am enjoying the heat less and less. You should have taken a picture after they stood up and left spots on the driveway. I get to see your mom next week. YEAH!
Good times! Ahhhh....the luxuries of grass. Doug just planted 3 rose bushes in our backyard. I can't wait for them to show lots of color. The flowers look great!
Pretty planter! I just did that a couple weeks ago, too. I can't believe your kids were cold in 90 degree weather. We pretty much melt around here when it's like that. Luckily it doesn't happen too often, as I'm sure you remember.
I know that it has been a while, so I needed to Google you to find you. This is Nathaniel. You might not remember me, but I was in Joe's young men in Yuma. I am looking to get in touch with Joe. My email address is sorensonator@gmail.com. Also, my wife blogs at thelegalsorensons.blogspot.com. I think you have to be invited to see the blog, but if you get me an email, I can make sure that happens. It is good to see your family.
Post a Comment