Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

I know I should have posted this morning but better late then never! I wanted to wish everyone a happy mothers day! I am so grateful for my mom. She is one of my best friends. I love being with her, talking to her on the phone and realizing that I am more like her then I ever knew. How grateful I am to have been raised by loving parents.
And of course I have to say something about being a Mom! As a teenager I thought there was no way I was going to have kids. Thank goodness it didn't turn out that way. Motherhood is probably the most challenging, tiring, draining, hardest thing I ever done but by far the most rewarding, wonderful, best thing that I have ever done. I thank Heavenly Father every night for my three kids and nothing brings me more joy then they do. Sometimes I wish motherhood came with a manual but I learn something new everyday as Joe and I struggle to raise these children, hoping that we are doing it right. I was given the royal treatment today (which included my hair done, feet massaged, warm rice bag on my feet and lots of homemade cards) and feel very blessed and spoiled as I get ready for bed. I hope that all of you mothers feel the same way tonight!

6 comments:

Linda said...

And your family is blessed because of you!

jenn gent said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! Sounds like your family was good to you. :)

Andrea said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Happy Mothers Day ☺

Chris and Aubrey said...

What a fun day. I love the being pampered, and recognized, but the favorite is the home-made cards.

Debbie said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Wish we could have celebrated together. I always love the homemade coupons. Miss you!

The McClellan Family said...

Yay for Mother's day! The cards, the cakes, and breakfast in bed...ahhh! I love your mom too!