Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Random thoughts...

I had to title this random thoughts because none of what I am about to write about goes together. Never the less it's what is on my mind tonight!

Tonight we were working on Taylor's homework. His health teacher has asked that each student come up with a question and write as a letter to Dr. Smartstuff (this is the Dr. Laura of the kids health newsletter). I told Taylor what he needed to do and asked if I had any ideas to give him an example. When he asked I was making dinner and said, I don't know Taylor it can be anything like, Why do we have boogers? First of all I have no idea why I said that but I was even more surprised when Taylor immediately responded, "Oh Mom, I know that already!" He then gave me a quick lesson on how boogers form...thanks son!

Has anyone noticed that sometimes the letters on the word verification that you have to type spell out words. Is it just me or does anyone else get weird words sometimes?

The other day Emily and I were driving in the car and she said, "Mom, when are we going to get a new car, we've had this one all day!" I had a good laugh!

And last but not least I have to share my most embarassing experience I have had in a long time! As many of you know twice a year I go on a scrapbook weekend aka my mental health weekend. This is not a restful weekend but a very FUN weekend! On Sunday Joe was speaking in church and so I wanted to go to Sacrament meeting. The last time I looked at the clock before falling asleep was 3:30 am Sunday Morning. At 6:00am the alarm went off to get up for church. If you haven't done the math that is 2 1/2 hours of sleep. I thought I was doing okay until I got up to say the closing prayer (a cruel joke to keep me awake :-) ) As I was praying I was thinking to myself, I feel a little shakey and I think I am slurring my words. I made it back to my seat and as church ended I asked Joe if I had been slurring my words. He said that he didn't notice. I was relieved. The chapel started to clear out and I noticed that the Bishop and the High councilman were still on the stand. I wanted to tell the Bishop something and so I walked towards them. They noticed I was coming and so I started talking as I was walking. All of a sudden...I didn't trip I just lost my balance and yes it is true I fell flat on my face sprawled out on the ground. I felt like I went down in slow motion and heard the Bishop yell, "Sis. Gent are you okay." I pulled myself up to my hands and knees and then somehow got myself up on my feet. I looked at those two men and said, "Wow, I think I am really tired!" And then I added, "I'm sorry, that wasn't very graceful! Feeling really embarassed and not knowing what else to say without saying anything else I turned and walked away! Even now as I write I am embarassed! Lesson learned...2 1/2 hours + no food + heels = a bad combination UGH!

What more can I say!

14 comments:

Linda said...

That would be embarrassing, but are you sure it was just a lack of sleep and not something else going on with your body? Take care of yourself!

Chris and Aubrey said...

Glad you are okay. To feel better I say you have a movie night with the fam this Friday. Go get Bedtime Stories, make some popcorn and enjoy one of the best kid friendly family movies. Love what kids have to say. They are so sincere and honest.
Aubs

Kristi said...

I'm sorry, but all I can do is laugh. That's just me. I laugh at other people's misfortunes sometimes. I find it hard not to laugh when someone falls down. I usually can refrain until I know they are okay, but after that I bust up. SO...I do feel deeply embarrassed for you, but at the same time...you should hear me laughing. I'm sorry I missed seeing it, but I don't feel bad for because you just had a fun scrapbooking weekend. I would trade a little embarrassment for a scrapbooking weekend any day. Did you get your 50 pages?

Megan said...

I LOVE YOU AUNT KATHY!!! that's awesome... it's sounds like something i would do :) it made me laugh!!!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Megan

Our Deli-Sub said...

It sounds like you had one too many scrapbook hours. Good thing you didn't get pulled over for a sobriety test.

severts6 said...

Ok, I'm with Kristi, I can not stop giggling. I'm sorry! I'm kinda glad that your human like the rest of us though, superwoman!

Jenn said...

oh....but the memories!!! I have your demonstration photo in case you want me to email it to you to post on your blog!!

Ruthie said...

I love your posts! They always put a smile on my face or make me laugh. falling, new cars, boogers. very random, but non the less funny! These are things you for sure want to journal.

Coil Fam said...

OH my gosh!!!! How did I miss this post? I can't believe this new post was on for several days and didn't read about it. Do you think you fainted? Did the whole ward see? Did your handsome husband swoop in and pick you up in his arms? I definitely think you should get several meals from the RS sist'rs for this one. Yep, anything as big as this and you will definitely get some attention! Then again, maybe you weren't tired...maybe you are pregnant? In which case you could get months and months of casseroles! Speaking as a former RS Prez of the Sist'rs of Great Relief who can create 1001 dishes to feed a ward with one can of tuna fish, go for the service, others need the blessings.

Christine and Ronnie Brown said...

Charlie's boys (Liam 5 and Aidan 3) like to wrestle and punch with him (and each other) The other day Charlie was beating up his 3-year-old and said "Aiden, I'm going to give you a Charlie Horse!" The next day, Aidan jumped on Charlie and said "Dad, I'm going to give you an Aidan Horse!"

lydia moyer said...

one to many drinks before church is never a good thing!

Heidi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

One of my friends has an ongoing joke about the word verifications being real words. I'm with you, sometimes they are close.

FYI - I got the word "rhemi"... nothing. Lame.

Karyn said...

Hope you had great birthday!! Did you cry during biggest loser last night? I did! By the way my authenticating word today is erellug whatever that means?
I loved your random thoughts cause pretty much how my minds works all the time!!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday a day late! Who knew you were a Cinco De Mayo baby? :) Hope you had a great day