Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Are you kidding me?


6 days after the stitches came out...
17 days after the original injury...

Emily bumped her head again and came in the house with blood dripping down her forehead. Are you kidding me? We are going to have to do this again... I took her to the doctors right away and the doctor said that he was going to put a staple in to close it back up. Let me tell you, Emily freaked! So, the doctor said that he would bandage it but if she hit it again he would have to staple it. He wants me to try and keep Emily real mellow for the next couple of days. That should be interesting. She may have slowed down for a few minutes but she hasn't stopped making me laugh. When I was changing her butterfly bandage she kept saying that she didn't want me to use the "bone" on her head. Does it look like a bone? Yesterday, at the grocery store an older couple started talking to me in line. After we got into the car Emily said, "Mom, I don't want you to talk to strangers ever again. Do you hear me?" Last week, Joe was talking to the kids and Emily said something funny so Makayla said, "Emily is the funny one in our family." Joe said that Emily got really upset and said, "I'm not the funny one...I'm the pretty one."

FUNNY GIRL!

8 comments:

Linda said...

She sounds like such a character. I hope her little wound heals quickly for the second time. I had a little girl like that!

Coil Fam said...

Kathy, I check your blog occasionally, but I'm not very good about commenting. However, this last update was too good to not say something. I always thought I was the funny and smart one, until one of my friends in high school told me at least I was tall. I am still wondering 29 years later if she was trying to be funny. As far as the ER visits go, when we were raising our kids the local E.R. knew me by first name, not a good thing. Good luck keeping everyone glued, stapled and taped together. Love, Kaylee

jenn gent said...

Oh my!!! Good luck keeping her mellow. My brother - who is also child #3 - was always the funny one... maybe it's a birth order thing. Hey, you're #3 and you're pretty funny too! :)

Tim & Kacey Hammar said...

You're kids are so cute & getting so big! Love you guys!

Kristi said...

It does look like a bone. Sorry about another trip to the doctors. She's a crack up.

lydia moyer said...

hey jenna i think your right i'm number 3 too! i consider myself to have the best sense of humor in my family! kathy, you just make sure to tell her that she can be funny and pretty too and if any one asks about her beauty have her tell them its "natural"!!! i hope you remember what that means or else i just sounded like an idiot!

Mindie said...

Ha Ha Emily. You can be both the funny one and the Pretty one and have the best of both worlds. But I think you have some serious competion with your mom and sister. So watch out!

Heidi said...

Perhaps a helmet for the pretty/funny little thing!