Monday, March 16, 2009

A trip to the Emergency room...

1 Unfortunate fall in the kitchen!
2 Parents running around trying to stop the bleeding to see what was really under there!
4 long Hours in the E.R. with the town's Finest!
2 stitches later...
1 brave little girl only concerned about missing out on family dinner and playing with her cousins!

Last night just after we got home from the ER

Top 5 E.R. "High"lights:

1. After filling out the paperwork they gave me and wondering why I didn't have to give them any information about our insurance I asked the lady if I was responsible for contacting the Insurance company myself? With a surprised look on her face and tone in her voice the woman said, "Oh...you have insurance?" (That tells you what kind of town we live in)

2. A woman barely able to walk in to the ER is asked by the receptionist if she is high and her reply was.."Yeah, I think so!" (That tells you what kind of town we live in)

3. Emily watching the woman that is high... who is rocking out with an old time disc man and earphones... and then Emily mimicking her dancing! Way funny! Emily was entertaining the entire waiting room...and it was totally innocent. Emily was enjoying herself. (That tells you what kind of town we live in)

4. After waiting for 3 hours being put into a room with the High woman's High husband and hearing them talk about there last run in with the "Gestapo" aka police K-9 unit. (That tells you what kind of town we live in)

5. Having the doctor ask me if we lived here? A little confused about what he was asking me I answered, "You mean do we live in this town?" He nodded and I said, "Yes" he said, "Really." I guess that means he doesn't. (That tells you what kind of town we live in)

Bonus Highlight:
6. Emily's personality shining through in all of this! Wrapped in a sheet so tight she couldn't move and her arms trapped at her sides, two nurses holding her and me trying to keep her calm as the doctor numbs her and then stitches her up she starts to cry and tells them she wants them to stop. When they wouldn't listen to her she yelled, "Mom, make him stop I could do a better job!) At that moment she could have asked me for anything and gotten it!

This morning after a good nights rest and some medicine!
I hate it when my kids get hurt...Oh, the memories we are making!

10 comments:

Mike, Jen, McKenna and Jackson said...

Dont you love the ER??? Funny story!!!

Kristi said...

OUCH! I know what you mean about giving her anything she wanted at that moment...I had to hold Jordan down when he was in first grade for stitches too.

I am not at all surprised by your ER experience. That's just the kind of town we live in!

Cami said...

Love the story...Hate the reason for it though. Everytime I hear an Emily story I smile, she is so cute! So far, besides dentist appointments, I have been fortunate not to have to go through this with any kids yet, knock on wood. Coby had surgery but was wheeled away and asleep before anything actually happened. That was hard enough though... letting go of his hand as they wheeled him out on his little bed was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

And about this little town we live in. Before we moved here Raimy and I were at the Walmart and watched a few people going in or coming out, men wearing way too short cut off jean shorts, missing several teeth, women who looked like they had never heard of a comb, let alone used one. We've often wondered what it was that made us want to move here. But I've never been happier...or had better friends!

Judd and Debi Williams said...

Oh Man do i remember doing that a couple of times. Not fun!! you the mom feel more pain then they do. Glad she is doing better. Say Hi to your mom for me.

jenn gent said...

Oh my! Poor Emily!! Looks like she is feeling a little better. BTW - you should have moved to Bellingham! :)

Jenn said...

But some of my favorite people live in that kind of town you live in!!! So sorry about the ER visit, & I hate having to hold down kids so that doctors can hurt them!! Mr. & Mrs. High 'crack'ed me up!!!

Linda said...

Tell Emily her Goodman family is sorry she got hurt and that we love her! Your description of the Pahrump ER is very funny. Things you can only find in a small town. I'm actually thinking about doing the next scout fundraiser race.

Tim & Kacey Hammar said...

Well I don't know whether to feel more sorry for your town or for Emily! Just kidding- I live in a place where they don't even think twice if there is fishing gear stuck in your head. :) Glad Emily is okay- she is so cute. Love you guys.

Karyn said...

Kathryn
Your way of capturing the ER visit made me feel like I was there!!
Oh wait a minute I was just there!!
I'm glad she is feeling better!!!
See you next month!
Love ya
Karyn

Ruthie said...

To funny! I laughed just as hard as the first time haring the story. What a tough little girl you have. Dealing with that "bug" as Gent said, on her forhead. She is such a hoot to have around.