Finally Joe and I decided we would let the punishment fit the crime! Everytime we catch the T.S. lid up Taylor owes us 5 minutes sitting on the Toilet. Let me just tell you that Taylor has spent some time there lately. The funny thing is I really do think it is working because he is starting to remember more. The other night after dinner he owed us some time and when I went to check on him this is what I found!
Those are my craft magazines by the way! So then we decided we would kill two birds with one stone. He now sits on the Toilet and practices reading out loud his chapter books! Are we scarring him for life?
That brings me to Emily who has not transitioned from Nursery to Primary very well. On Saturday the kids went to a primary activity at the Church. I found out on Sunday that she told her Sunbeam teacher that she didn't like her. Any suggestions? How do you let the Punishment fit THAT crime? AGH!

7 comments:
I LOVE the discipline for Taylors crime. At first I thought you were going to make him sit on the toilet with the seat up. LOL. And regarding Emily...you're on your own. It's always fun to find out things that your children did that are not so becoming. (Like what Lexi did with the partners thing at tap dance). You have a "talk" with them, and hope that they learned their lesson. I know I have years of stuff like this for the future. Gee...I can't wait to see what's next.
a part of me thinks that going back to the old days of having the toilet outside would be great...maybe just the boys toilet outside.
I think that is a great Idea Does that work on Husbands TOO?? Just kidding really I promise. Good Luck with Emily, I hear that lots of the kids in that class are having a hard time changing So don't worry
Hmm, I think I'm going to make Nick sit on the toilet for leaving the seat up! Think it will work? Nah, me neither! Good luck with Taylor; he looks happy enough. Give Emily another couple of months. She'll come around. Maybe you could invite the teacher to come to your home for a visit and to play with Emily. That way it's in her environment.
I have to admit that so far I don't have that problem in my house. (I even have a house of all boys) But considering the trouble Kaden gives me on a daily basis...I am sure my time is a comin! Good luck!:)
maybe it's the teacher...
That is a great idea for Taylor! I love it! As for Emily, I think she is always going to be giving you a run for your money! Good thing she is so dang cute! :)
Post a Comment