Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happiness is...

-spending a weekend away with girlfriends scrapbooking until the wee hours of the morning. (Lots of things are really funny at 2am) Thanks girls for the good time.

-having a friend fly in from Rhode Island that I don't get to see very often.

-completing 28 scrapbook pages.
-eating sugar after not having any for three weeks.

-watching best friends play together.



-watching my boy get his very first cub scout award.

-making our very first rain gutter regatta boat...(oh wait this one goes on a different list.)

-seeing the kids faces when I come to help out at the Halloween parties.

-watching them try on their costumes a million times because they love them.
-Buying those costumes the year before for 75% off.

-having family and friends stop by Halloween night.

-watching Joe's brother Adam play in the UNLV game last night. (his first actual play time this season)


-Bishop and Sister Brown bringing me a brand new plunger after hearing a humorous story about me not having one when I really needed one.


-catching up on all of my blogging buddies posts after being gone.

-finally updating my blog after a busy week!

10 comments:

Linda said...

So Adam got to play--how fun for him and for you to watch! They played a tough team. Glad you had a great time scrapbooking--I just don't have the patience to do it right! And I can't wait to run with you! I'll wave to you as you take off!

Heidi said...

Oh c'mon! You've got to share the "humorous plunger story". Wait, on second thought, maybe we don't want to hear it!

Glad you're back and good job getting 28 pages done!

I added my Halloween update, you were quick to comment on my first of many posts. (You know me, the binge blogger!)

lydia moyer said...

it's about time you posted!way to go on getting those costumes the year before! i bet you are one of those always prepared thinking ahead women (except for maybe the plunger:)) and by the way about our holloween, we did that because my kids have been so naughty lately that i took trunk-or-treat away from them! i can be really mean sometimes.

Jenn said...

I am happy to see you back!!! I guess I will need to hear the plunger story!! By the way, I was watching ESPN yesterday (strange, I know) and Joe's brother was on, I was pretty sure it was him and your picture of #57 confirmed it. Happy to see Emily and her best friend.

Kristi said...

It sounds like you have had a happy couple of weeks. 28 pages is great! I can't wait for another scrapbooking weekend. The most I've done on a weekend is 27, but I'm going to shoot for 30 the next time I go. I am soooo behind! Will was saying something about your bathroom in fast and testimony meeting yesterday. I was fighting Mason at the time, so I missed most of what he said. I think that is so funny that the Browns brought you a plunger....hilarious. I think I might go buy discount costumes this year...Halloween is getting more and more expensive. Fun, happy times!

Debbie said...

Happiness at its best! We miss you guys. Give those cute kids a hug from Aunt Debbie and Uncle Mike.

jenn gent said...

It was fun to read your list. Your kids look great in their costumes... way to go!

Team Laws said...

Well this is GREAT to get back in touch! I will be sure to add you to the blog roll on my main page! We look forward to keeping up with the Gents!! I have a spiritual blog "Coming to Christ" you can find it on my blogs page. Great to hear from you!! Love to all

Jon and Janene said...

Kathryn,
Great to hear from you and catch up on your family. It's amazing how many "lost" friends I have caught up with through blogs lately. I don't have much time right now but shoot me and email at jcreerj@yahoo.com so I have your email. Then we can chat better.
Janene

Katie said...

Hi Kathy! I just snuck onto your blog through Heidi's. (Hope that's okay!) I've been wondering how you've been doing, and it's good to see that life is treating you well. You have the most beautiful family! :)