Friday, November 14, 2008

Getting to know the Gents-Part 2

If there is one word that should never be used when refering to food or cooking (or any other time for that matter) it is the word Lubrication! For years, Joe has been using that word to describe how he likes his sandwiches. In other words he likes them dripping with mayonaise! His sandwiches have become somewhat of an artform and because of that have gained the title "Joe Sandwiches." Now these aren't just any sandwiches. They are a well "lubricated" meat, cheese, pickles, mustard and the secret ingredient...potatoe chips on top sandwich. The kids ask for them by name and word has spread so that friends, family and all others that spend much time with us know exactly what a "Joe Sandwich" is. This has led to the naming of other foods none quite as Populars as Dad's.
Sooo...Joe feeling quite confidant in his culinary talents and hating to waste leftovers started creating, what we like to call, CONCOCTIONS! These tasty concoctions consist of pretty much anything left over in the refrigerator and eggs! Some have flopped but for the most part they have been a huge success. This has become a Sunday Morning tradition. I love it because it means that I don't have to get up quite as early and I don't have to make breakfast.
The other night Joe had meetings and I was tired and didn't know what to cook. After looking in the refrigerator I decided to try my hand at a concoction. Just for the record every bite was gone! The kids even told me it was as good as Dad's!
Just another look into the life of the Gents. Does anyone want to come over for dinner?

12 comments:

Andrea said...

what is that? Mac & cheese, hot dogs and eggs?? You need to come to my house for dinner girl!

Linda said...

I don't mean to be rude, but is that larvae on that "concoction?" Wow, looks interesting to say the least! Fun to spend time with you guys last night.

Kathryn said...

Maybe I should include the ingredients to clear up the larvae comment. This particular concoction includes: mushrooms, green onions, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese and melted cheese on top!

Kathryn said...

And of course EGGS! OOPS!

lydia moyer said...

jason and joe have alot in common. he also makes concoctions. some are very interesting! i'm not as brave as you guys though. and the whole lubrication thing is hilarious! that word should be band from every kitchen. jason has changed the name condiments to compliments in our house and i have to say every time he tells someone to get out the compliments i cringe i think it sounds so stupid(shhhh don't tell him i said that)

Jenn said...

It's official, you can now move to the South. Everything there looks like a concoction.

Cami said...

I love it when Taylor tells me all about the latest concoction, especially the ones he helps invent (is this the right word?). However, after looking at the picture I think hearing about it will do, we'll pass on the invite!! I know you though and want to know if we can come over for a dessert concoction instead please?? Good to see you today, friend!

The McClellan Family said...

so all you have to do is just copy and paste the whole section including my answers and then paste it in your new post area and then delete my answers and put your in! Josiah is working on coming, hopefully he gets here!! Have fun!

Debbie said...

Thanks, this post has created great discussion and laughter at our house. We love Joe! When is the recipe book coming out?

Kristi said...

I guess I'll give you points for creativity. What kid wouldn't want some of their favorite stuff all mixed in one. It looks pretty gross though. The difference between you and me on those nights where I am tired and don't feel like making dinner: You-make up some creative dinner that every child eats every bite. Me-Cold Cereal? Anyone? Mac N Cheese? How about PB&J? LOL

bematheson said...

thats awesome, i might have to try making a concoction out of leftovers haha, by the way i like colleen too, im so ready for tonight.

Ruthie said...

it's been a while since I've gotten sick from just looking at a picture. But I have to admit that when I've tried some of these concoctions I've enjoyed.