Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A fun afternoon!

When I picked up the kids from school yesterday I couldn't believe what a beautiful day it was. It was in the mid seventies and sunny (as usual). It was perfect for a spontaneous trip to the Duck pond and a picnic dinner! We had a great time! Dad even joined us for a few minutes.






The geese can get a little aggressive so the kids are scaring them away!



I caught Emily Snacking on the duck food!



Unfortunately, it got dark on us an we had to head home!

13 comments:

Lindsey Ramage said...

How fun to sneak in family time! Love your blog, I check it often.

Cousin Lindsey

Jenn said...

Remind me to tell you my story about the duck pond sometime. I am so impressed with your ability at being spontaneous!!!

lydia moyer said...

what a nice family outing, you have to take advantage of nice days when you can! i too have a wild imagination maybe thats why i have insomnia. i love the new one called fringe, it takes me back to my X-files days ah good times...good demented times!

Cami said...

Looks so fun!! I love the pictures, especially the one of Taylor on the bridge, it actually looks like we are having a fall season! I'll go on ahead and pass the Super Mom award on to you now!

bematheson said...

oh your family is so so cute, you are so creative with them.

And OMY Goodness i did watch last night and I was screaming at the TV. I said the same thing about AMy, I thought how dumb is she, vicky will totally boot her off, i was so so mad, poor colleen but she did look great. Ya Vicky seriously makes my blood boil if she wins i might have to send biggest loser hate mail.

jenn gent said...

Cute pics but where are YOU?!?

Ruthie said...

what a good mommy. I get requests for the duck pond almost everyday. I'm glad that pahrump has it. It wouldn't be quite as good of a town without it. Oh and without you too of course.

Mike, Jen, McKenna and Jackson said...

Hey cousin---you and your cute family can come jump in our leaves anytime. I had to explain to McKenna why you don't have leaves in the desert. The downfall of the leaves are the deer ticks......have a great week end!!!

severts6 said...

You are soooo brave to try and actually eat at the duck pond. We are way to scared of the scary geese.

Heidi said...

Cute pics! I need to get you one of those flexi-tripod-thingys too so you can be in them with your fam!

jolley time said...

I love this Idea we might have to copy it.

The McClellan Family said...

Oh how would it be to be able to spend all winter outside! Sounds wonderful!

Jenn said...

I just wanted to point out that this post was on Nov. 19th and it is now Dec. what??? My next challenge may have to be to "post something on your blog".