The Question is do I start with the latest or where I left off? I will start with today and work backwards. That way if you get bored you can stop reading.
Today: IT SNOWED!!! That doesn't happen very often where we live! It was so exciting that even I got distracted and wanted to go outside!
Playdate-While I was working on Christmas projects Emily asked if she could have her cousin Ellie over for a playdate. They had so much fun. After doing eachothers makeup it had started to snow and so after searching for a long while we found some hats and gloves and they headed outside. They were both so cute trying to catch snowflakes, I had to get the camera out!
Winter time is my favorite time here because the mountains are so beautiful when they have snow on them. This is the view out our back yard. I noticed the mountains when I was watching Joe and the kids jump on the trampoline...The kids love it when we get on the trampoline with them. I thought I would take a video to capture the fun!
Wednesday, December 10th-I couldn't stop thinking about my Grandma Coil's 80th Birthday Party! It was being held on December 13th and I had decided NOT to go. I decided to check on-line at ticket prices so I would know for sure that I couldn't afford to go. Much to my surprise the tickets were so cheap I felt guilty for not going. Although the details are really funny I won't go into all of that. I will tell you that not only did I go but my brother Jeff and his family flew with me to Bozeman to surprise my Mom and Grandma! I think we are going to have to stop doing that because we about gave my Mom a heart attack! Oops! We had a great time and it was so worth it. THANK YOU to my sweet husband who instantly took off two days of work so that I could go!
Monday, December 8th-Cami and I both had some strawberries and didn't want to waist them so among all of the Holiday projects we decided to make freezer jam! YUMMY!!
December 5th & 6th-Held two different Christmas Parties here. Had a total of 97 people in our home over the weekend! I AM TIRED!! But they were way fun!
November 28th-LOTS of Shopping and lots of LINES!
November 27th-Happy Thanksgiving! It was our traditional Gent family thanksgiving with 7 of the 9 kids coming (which is getting easier every year because 5 live here now) to town as well as Aunts, Uncles, cousins etc. I am not sure of the exact number but a lot! We had a lot of fun! My favorite part was running in a 5k on Thanksgiving morning. There were a whole lot of Gents as well as those related to Gents running and we had a great time. I think it will definitely be a new Thanksgiving tradition!


The Week before Thanksgiving-This week was filled with Birthday celebrations. How many times can you celebrate one persons Birthday! November 25th Makayla turned 6 years old!
Because many years her Birthday gets lost in the Thanksgiving celebration she asked for a "kid" party before Thanksgiving! A Unicorn Party! With only a few days notice it came together quite well. We all had a lot of fun and Makayla was so happy! It made it all worth it. Then she wanted treats brought into her school class on her actuall B-day and we had Birthday dinner that night with family. It didn't seem right to not have her blow out candles so we celebrated again. Believe it or not in all of the celebrating I didn't make a single cake. She asked for Unicorn Horns at her party, turkey rice Krispies for her school treat and Ice Cream the night of her Birthday.
The Whole Group!
The "Oat" eating contest for the Unicorns
The Group hug for all of the winners!
The very beautiful and Yummy Unicorn horns!
Finally, the favorite, the Pinata!
The turkey Rice Krispie (I was also able to take this to Emily's preschool "feast")
The rest of the week leading up to Thanksgiving I spent helping out with Thanksgiving feasts!
In Makayla's Kindergarten class they have a tradition on their Birthdays. Ms. Mills gives them Birthday swats. It is really fun and she hams it up! Makayla turned bright red and couldn't stop laughing. Of course it is all quite an act! (with music included)
Emily looking cute in Uncle Jeffy's glasses!
Well this will have to do for now because in the few days it took me to get this post written I have new things to blog about!! Agh! Will I ever catch up?

5 comments:
Ok, I didn't fall asleep but I did settle in with a snack and a drink. Lots of fun! Hopefully we'll be able to see eachother soon. Have a wonderful Christmas, We love you guys!
Kathryn,
Welcome back!! Your family is so cute!!
Merry Christmas
Love,
Karyn
That was fun to catch up with the Joe Gent family. You seem like such a great mom, always doing such fun and creative activities with your kids. Thanksgiving was such fun, wish you were closer to us!
I can't believe it snowed! How fun! Hope Grandma's birthday was so fun! I really wanted to go! Thanks for the update!
Whew, I made it through!!! Just kidding! That was a super good post. Avie loved seeing herself in the birthday party section. It looks like you guys have been having lots of fun! I can't wait for another update!
Post a Comment