Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Desert Rats

It is official! We are definitely raising Desert Rats. Today, the entire day Emily kept telling me how cold she was. When I picked up Taylor and Makayla from school I asked them what their favorite part of the day was? Without missing a beat, Makayla said, "Well, I can tell you what the worst part of the day was...It was too cold!" Now granted it has started to get colder and it was windy so it made it a little colder but the temperature in my car still read 63 degrees outside. I swear that growing up in Washington we wore shorts to school if it was sunny and 63. I think we started running through the sprinkler at 65 degrees. I guess it is all relative. I made Emily's day when I dropped the load of warm clothes right out of the dryer on top of her. Okay, Confession time...I am actually really cold tonight too but knowing that the air conditioner is not running for the first time in months keeps me smiling!!

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Mike and I had to chuckle this morning. It is true, our kids were shorts and tank tops if it is in the 60's and sunny. If it is 75 they think we need to go swimming. Em is so cute! Love you guys, Deb.

Debbie said...

OK, so I spelled wear wrong in my haste this morning, can you edit posts?? Though I'd ask.

Debbie said...

OK, now a typo. I think I will quit for now and maybe go back to bed. :)

Linda said...

I can relate to what you're saying. We have actually had a fire in the fireplace already this fall!

Gini said...

We have had a few snow storms already!!I am so not ready for winter.
I had to laugh about growing up in Seattle thing. I swear if it was 70 we'd go cliff jumping!I remember thinking it was so hot! Now I don't take my kids swimming unless it's in the 90's, and that's in a heated pool!

Jenn said...

I feel your pain...I keep telling the kids to put another blanket on because I am not prepared to turn on the heater!! We need to take a trip to Logan in January-then they will know cold.

bematheson said...

Haha that is awesome. I totally know how that is because im a super desert rat, i get cold when it hits 82!!!!

Andrea said...

Yeah I am so glad I have another blogging buddy. Katies email is kddean@msn.com and Jenns email is shadycat74@yahoo.com. I know they would be thrilled to hear from you. And that 12 days of Christmas???? I remember doing that when I was young. Can I get the details for that from you? I can't remember the wording and gifts that go with each day. My email is kylerreynolds@hotmail.com. I don't much about Jason right now. he is my friend on facebook but I haven't corresponded with him or anything. He lives in AK is married with a ton of kids and is in construction. You guys totally need to get on facebook. You will be amazed with the people you will find!

Heidi said...

Do I see purple towels!? I love it!!! So you!

Team Laws said...

I've added your blog to our blogroll on SitRep!
http://teamlaws.blogspot.com/
ciao
PDL

The McClellan Family said...

I was just thinking how nice it was today. Probably somewhere in the 60's. I'm greatful that I'm not in Idaho with 20 degree weather and 6 feet of snow. Although I did miss the first snowfall of the season and I was really sad about it!!

Mrs. James Quigley said...

Hi!!! I just saw your link from Heidi's blog. Your kids are darling, they look like Hammars. I am saving you in favorites and I will stopping in for a peak. Check out my blog. There is a link to my family members blogs as well. Take care.

Cami said...

I love this picture...of course any picture of Emily is adorable so how could I not. I also love not tuening n the air conditioner but Raimy built a fire the other day and I had to open windows and turn fans on because it was too hot! Maybe we need to hold off just a bit on that!!