Good news, Walmart has shoes, and black socks. Bad news, Walmart has no slacks and no white shirts.
Tuesday, September 2nd - 9:00 pm- "Uh-oh I forgot to buy white underwear."
Good news, Walmart has underwear (but only briefs, Taylors not going to like that).
Friday, September 5th, 6:00 am- "I am going to Walmart and see if they have gotten any more dress clothes in." ( No luck)
Friday September 5th 8:30 am- "Mom, we have to go to Vegas and see if we can find some dress clothes for Taylor and be back before the kids are out of school."
Good news, Kohls to the rescue. 9:30 am-Not only do they have dress clothes in his size on the clearance rack but they have the next size up. (which we now own also)
"Well Mom, we have all this extra time, lets go to lunch."
The Big Day...


Looking very Handsome in his new clothes, Taylor headed in to the church with the biggest smile on his face and so excited that the day was finally here. My boy was baptized on Saturday, September 6th. He asked his Grandma Hammar to give a talk on Baptism and he smiled the whole time she was speaking. He leaned over and said, "Wasn't that great!" It was! Thanks Mom! I found myself a bit emotional watching all of this take place, so proud of Taylor. It was one of those moments where you sit back and think, We are doing good. I loved watching Taylor come up out of the water and watching Joe baptize our first. It was a great experience. Thank you to all of our friends and family who came to support Taylor. You are awesome.
Now a few funny highlights...
After Taylor got baptized Joe helped him get dressed first and sent him out. Joe then got dressed and came out some time later. The talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost started and Joe leaned over to me and said, "I was in a hurry to get Taylor dressed and when I was picking up our stuff I noticed that his dry underwear is still in the bag. He isn't wearing any underwear." I had to stop myself from laughing and leaned over and asked Joe if we should say something. He said, NO so I didn't think about it much again. Then...after the baptism was over we were taking some pictures and my Dad came up to me laughing. He had gone to the bathroom and Taylor was in there also. Taylor asked Grandpa to help him tuck in his shirt. Much to both of their surprise, Taylor didn't have any underwear. Taylor started looking all around his ankles and in his pants for his underwear. My dad said he was quite baffled. I have laughed many times over this mishap and am now as I write about it.
It was a wonderful day!!

7 comments:
Congrats on the big day!!! You got a good looking family.
-Neal Stoddard_
I love that he was goin' commando after his baptism!!!
So good to see your family in those pics!
Congrats to Taylor! He looks so happy and handsome. Sounds like it was an adventure getting all together.
So this is just what I needed...a good laugh to start my day! Taylor was so great! I love to see him smile, it is completely contagious. You have a beautiful family Kath!
Tell Taylor congratulations for me. It is so exciting! The 8th birthday is such a big one because they get to have a birthday, get baptized, and start cub scouts/activity days. (It's also the most expensive birthday :)) It's funny that Taylor was going commando because when Jordan was baptized he wore white underwear to the church and wore them while he was baptized, but I forgot to pack an extra pair of underwear so he came home commando. Oh the things you learn. Tee hee hee. I'll know better for my next kid. I also love those extra trips to Vegas for those things our town doesn't have. Last night after ballet we ran to Vegas (if you can ever just "run" to Vegas) and bought Lexi tap shoes. Fun Stuff!
Ha! That is awesome all the little things that go on in the background that noone will ever know about except of course those of us that read these blogs. It was a grand day. I watched you cause I am emotional with all my kids baptisms so far. It is just such a wonderful spiritual experience. I was happy to share in it.
What a neat day! Thanks for sharing all the fun details and the special spirit that attends a little child getting baptized. It looks like many of the Gent family came, how wonderful for Taylor.
Post a Comment