Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The flood gates are open!

Y0u give in one time! Just one time and the flood gates are open. I guess by saying yes to having a dog means that my kids can bring home random pets and I am suppose to welcome them with open arms. Today we welcomed three mini frogs who have now been thoroughly shaken, and handled but are somehow still breathing. We created a natural habitat by using a glass jar, a leaf, and a tiny pebble. The kids insist that this is what frogs like and have requested that I pick up some live flies so that they can feed their "friends" tomorrow. (I am wondering if they will be alive tomorrow.) So...whats next? One thing is for sure there will never be a pet scorpion, spider, or snake in my house. It looks like we are pretty much banning anything that starts with an "S".


4 comments:

Kristi said...

My kids try to catch bugs and keep them in jars...they always die. We've had several "Lady Bugs" as pets. I tell the kids that they are going to kill them, but they still try anyways. Good luck with the frogs.

bematheson said...

oh my goodness that is so funny, Jack still little enough to not like bugs yet but im sure my time is coming

Heidi said...

Referring to your "s" list of banned pets... those are exactly the pets Jackson tries to convince me to get on a daily basis. No way kid!

Linda said...

Snakes actually make good pets! We've had numerous ones over the years, and have only lost a few in the house!