Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Not a proud moment!

I think that it may be one of the few moments as an adult that I can honestly say I think I threw a fit. .  .


A tantrum. . .


I mean I wanted to throw myself on the ground and cry like a little girl kind of moment!


Throw my hands up in the air and scream moment!


I know that I was totally over reacting (and still am)  and I know that some will laugh when I say that I was physically sick when I went to bed last night and I know that I am being a total drama queen but. . .


I can't help it!






I DONT WANT GLASSES!!!!


The eye doctor acted as if it was no big deal. He talked like I already knew that I would need glasses (okay so I had a sneaking suspicion) but  I was hoping that he would say well,  you are getting close but you can go a while longer.  WRONG!


Instead he leads me out into the front area to meet with a gal where I am suppose to know what kind of glasses to get and then pick them out. . .  Right on the spot?


To say the least, I panicked!  I totally interrupted the lady, called Shanda and told her she had to come right away to help me.


I knew that I hadn't completely lost it because while we were waiting I found the biggest, ugliest glasses and put them on to see what Shanda thought. (She was doubled over laughing)! But honestly folks I didn't look much better in any of the rest of them either.


After trying on about a thousand pairs, deciding it was inevitable and that I was aging myself 10 years, and with a lot of help from everyone in the office (and I mean everyone, even other customers) I chose a pair of glasses.


The only redeeming value is that they are purple (my favorite color)!


Disclaimer:  Please do not take offense if you wear glasses because I realized everyone else in the entire world that wears glasses looks good. . .just not ME!


Okay I know what you are thinking, GET OVER IT! And now that I have written about it I will take some deep breaths and go eat some chocolate to try and calm down!


Picture to follow. . . MAYBE!

5 comments:

jenn gent said...

Wah, wah, wah! :) I'm going on 25 years of glasses/contacts!

But really, I'm sure the glasses look great! It will just take some getting used to.

I've never ordered from here but my aunt and cousins have and they have been pleased. Super cheap... order one for every outfit! :)

http://www.zennioptical.com/

Jenn said...

one word...contacts.

Jessica said...

Oh my heck! you are cracking me up! It is a shock at first to realize that you need assistance to view the world, but once you get used to them, they will be wonderful accent to your pretty face <3

Linda said...

For sure let's see what they look like! I've worn them since I was 12 years old, and true enough they can be a nuisance. I'm grateful for contacts but still not as good as perfect eyesight. Oh, well, and this too shall pass!

lydia moyer said...

WHAT!!! no picture??? i've always wanted glasses. ithink they make you look smart! btw, i love that you threw a fit :)