I put these on all of their plates and we had fun reading them together.
Then it was time for the fort! Dad went all out even bring in wood so we could have the perfect fort.

Even though it was bed time we threw "caution to the wind" and watched Secretariat. It was a good movie. Makayla didn't make it through the movie and the kids were quickly asleep when it ended. As we were going to bed I told Joe that sometimes I felt like I was a little too strict about the bedtime and felt like the kids needed to live a little once in awhile. My thought was that one night wouldn't hurt them...RIGHT? At midnight while Joshua was screaming, Emily was crying and Taylor was coughing Joe says something to the effect of "the kids need to live a little". I pretty much wanted to punch him at that moment. He thought he was pretty funny! Nothing is funny when I get woken in the middle of the night. :-)
Even though it was bed time we threw "caution to the wind" and watched Secretariat. It was a good movie. Makayla didn't make it through the movie and the kids were quickly asleep when it ended. As we were going to bed I told Joe that sometimes I felt like I was a little too strict about the bedtime and felt like the kids needed to live a little once in awhile. My thought was that one night wouldn't hurt them...RIGHT? At midnight while Joshua was screaming, Emily was crying and Taylor was coughing Joe says something to the effect of "the kids need to live a little". I pretty much wanted to punch him at that moment. He thought he was pretty funny! Nothing is funny when I get woken in the middle of the night. :-)
The next morning, Taylor said he slept great, Emily denied ever being awake in the middle of the night and Joshua beamed with the most innocent smile. I think next year we will let Makayla stay up and the rest of us will go to bed. I love making memories.
This has nothing to do with the party but had to post it. A friend of mine made this. They gave it to me as a thank you for helping out in Makayla's class room. I thought it was sooo cute.
I made the comment that my friend was very talented and the kids asked why I didn't get any talent? Wow, thanks! :-)

1 comment:
What a great idea! But you are really putting us (other mother's) (or maybe just me)to shame!
Post a Comment