Saturday, February 26, 2011

keep it coming!

One of my favorite things about being a Mom is waiting to hear what funny thing the kids will say next. Here's the latest.

Mom: Emily you look so pretty!
Emily: Mom, you always say that.
Mom: Well, you do.
Emily: I mean...you always use the word pretty
Mom: What word do you want me to use...beautiful?
Emily:  No...(long Pause) I want you to use SCORCHING as in scorching HOT!


Taylor: (in the car after church) Mom, do we have a grocery surplus store in town.
Mom: You mean grocery outlet?
Taylor: Yeah, maybe
Mom: Yes, we do if thats where your talking about.
Taylor: I am not sure but thats where my teacher got "Manna"
Mom: She got what?
Taylor: I think it was called Manna? I want to go and get some.
At that point, I figured I had heard wrong and let it go. Later I was thinking about it and thought, Did Taylor really say Manna? I saw his teacher and asked her about it. She started laughing really hard and said I bought cocunut macaroons and smashed them flat and told the kids about Manna!

Now my son thinks he can get Manna from Grocery Outlet!

1 comment:

Coil Fam said...

Those are all fun. I really needed a laugh today. I can tell your household is full of life.