As Joe and I started to get more serious while dating he asked me what I thought of the military? Never really being exposed to it I didn't have much of an opinion on the subject.
Little did I know that it would become such a huge part of our life. I laugh thinking back to my answer and am so grateful that I now have an opinion.
The first ten years of our marriage was all about the Marine Corps. Military wives became my best friends. The sacrifice for our freedom became very real. We are now out of the military but a lot of those that we love continue to serve and sacrifice and it is them that I am thinking most about on this Veterans Day. Thank you! We are thinking about you and are so grateful.

1997-taken before our first formal "to do" while Joe was at TBS (the basic school)
The week that Joe came home from Iraq. Even now I can't look at that picture without getting emotional.


3 comments:
Amen to all of this! I am grateful too and I know God watches over the families of soldiers. Thank you to all who have served and continue too serve.
Uncle Joe-
Thank you so much for serving our country. I know that you don't get told it enough, but I am so grateful for the sacrifice you made for our country. Every year at our veteran's day assembly it I feel so proud just to be able to say that I'm related to someone who served our country. Thanks for everything you did, and everything you do!
I miss you guys and love you!!! Hope to see you all soon!!!
Love, Megan
That is funny that you mention Kissing Rugby. I was telling some youth in our ward about that a few months ago, and how I hurt a girl doing it. I was never really good a being "gentle" at that age. I was clueless!! Do you remember the prank I pulled on you with the dead dandilion?
-Thanks Neal-
Post a Comment