Friday, April 23, 2010

Black & White

For those of you who know Makayla, this will probably come as no surprise. In her world, things are right or wrong, black or white. Well today was no exception. When I went to pick up the kids at school today her teacher met me at the car with a big smile on her face and this story in her hand. Makayla had recieved an award for recieving the most "soaring hawks" ( a you've been caught doing good slip) She got to pick out of the prize box. Makayla found what she wanted in the prize box but noticed that it had something "yucky" on it. Her teacher looked at it and said, "Oh, that is just the sticky stuff from the price tag sticker." Makayla with a disgusted look on her face said she would rather pick something else out. Her teacher said, "It's okay, just have your mom use a little alcohol and it will come right off." Mrs. Stobe told me that Makayla's eyes about popped out of her head. She said, "We don't have alcohol in our house!" Mrs. Stobe said, "I am talking about rubbing alcohol." Makayla said, "We don't have any kind of alcohol in our house, that is not good and my family does not drink alcohol." Makayla's teacher could barely keep a straight face when she said to just ask her mom about getting the sticky stuff off.
During journal writing time this story is what Makayla came up with to write about. I hope you can read it. Like I said, Black & white!

3 comments:

severts6 said...

Oh my goodness! That is the best story ever!!! :)

Ruthie said...

Ha!!! that is totally makayla! love that good little girl.

Kristi said...

This story made me laugh. I am also very impressed at Makayla spelling skills. She is doing great!