Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Don't you love it when...

*your son who has only been in school a week and a half and he has forgotten to bring home his homework three times already. Did they lose their brain over the summer?
*Your 1st Grader fell asleep during free reading time after getting 11 hours of sleep the night before.
*Your three year old comes to you and tells you that she "accidentally" wrote on her hand...it just happens to spell her name. :-) (I couldn't help but laugh)

You can't see it very good but it says E M I L Y!
*You don't have time to do laundry for a couple of days and then this is what you have to face.

BUT THEN AGAIN, don't you love it when...
*Your husband says, "Wow, this is my favorite dinner!" ...three days in a row.
*Your daughter scores two goals in her first soccer game and is grinning from ear to ear.
*Your three year old wraps her arms around you and tells you how much she loves spending time with you.
*you get an unexpected visit from a favorite Aunt.
*you are told how kind your son is and what a good friend he is.
*even though you have to spend half your life driving from activity to activity you have a really good book to read while waiting.

Life is an adventure and I am loving the ride.

9 comments:

Kristi said...

I love this post. It sums up the good, the bad, and the ugly. (The laundry being the ugly, of course). Never-ending chores...dishes and laundry...and a pain if you skip a day! You gotta love being a Mom.

Cami said...

Sounds like you're doing it all right, gotta have the good with the bad!! And most of your bad is not really bad, actually pretty funny if you ask me(except for the homework of course, and the laundry)! I love your posts, they always make me smile :), and I get to keep up with my friend who I almost never get to see anymore :(.

Jenn said...

I love the laundry pile...I have been so bad at laundry lately that Dale has started to do it!!! Your kids are great and you are a great MOM!! What was the book?

Andrea said...

Its nice to know that someone else out here has an endless-growing laundry pile also. So what is the great book you are reading??

Ruthie said...

loved this post. glanced to the right and it looks like Krisit agrees with me. I totally laughed and then totally smiled. Sounds like your life is normally wonderfully busy...but dang good. I too love a good book to read. It does help with all the driving and waiting.

Debbie said...

Yes it is definitely an adventure. I feel like I am doing the exact same thing but it sounds more glamourous when you read about someone elses crazy life and schedule. I do enjoy the ride but am waiting for a breather so I can put on the cruise control for a brief moment. Love ya, miss ya, hey I think for the 1st time in who knows how long we have the same spring break!

Mindie said...

Ha Ha, I love the accidentally part. Kids come up with the funniest comments about why they did things. They look so cute in the new pictures of each of them. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. Love you and Miss you!

jenn gent said...

Emily's hand cracks me up! She's too funny!!

jenn gent said...

When's the update coming??? :)