-I have the nicest teacher ever!
-We played an awesome game!
-I am going to have homework everynight! (Spoken with a smile...lets see how long that lasts)
-I got to sit anywhere I wanted at lunch
-I am going to learn how to play the recorder this year
-It is so hot outside still!
-My teacher put me next to all boys!
-I am sitting next to the new girl so I can make her feel welcome (a compliment to Taylor I think)
ETC. ETC. ETC.
But my favorite comment was from Makayla. "Mom, I had so much fun today...we didn't do any learning!" (HMMMM!)


Emily starts preschool next week and was quite upset about this until I let her where her new school clothes and her Kindergarten friend came to play with us since she doesn't start until Thursday!

5 comments:
The first day of school excitment is so nice, to bad it doesn't last that long. I bet its nice to have only one at home now. What will you do? I'm kinda looking forward to it myself.
Happy first day of school! They look so cute and so grown up!!
Oh, yeah, the recorder year!! I think it was 2nd grade, but now I can't remember. I think I have selective memory sometimes and the year of the recorder is better left forgotten. The first week the recorder showed up at home was as unnerving to me as the old "fingernails on the chalkboard" sound. I know they need to learn music, but can't they find something that doesn't screech everytime they blow in it? Which, by the way, happens to be everytime they exhale that first week, since they never take it out of their mouth. Sorry, I think I am over reacting a little, but that's just the way I remember it. Anyway...:)cute pictures of the kids and their new clothes. I always loved the first day of school, espcially my new box of unbroken, sharp crayons.
Did I forget to mention the nose blowing technique? Oh, let's not forget that one!!! That was how Andy and Mike preferred to play their recorders, by holding it under their NOSE?!?! Hope you have a great year Kathryn. I'll be praying for you...;)
I agree, first days are fun! And I am sad that our kids don't go to the same school anymore so we can share the fun together. But it is fun to hear about it.
Post a Comment