Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Is this going to be a problem?

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Allegiant Airlines but we travel with them a lot. They are Las Vegas based and happen to fly into the two places where we go to visit family. The great thing about Allegiant air is the really really cheap flights you can get. The bad thing is that the base ticket is cheap but they try and charge you for everything else. ie. convenience fees, taxes, seat assignment fee, special boarding fees, and of course if you want to check bags...yep, it costs money!
To make our trip affordable, I drove into the Las Vegas airport to avoid the $16 per ticket convenience fee, turned down all of the high cost extras but realized that it was going to be pretty hard to vacation for 8 days, five people and not check any bags. I decided to pay for 1 bag and hope that we could make it work. Is this going to be a problem?

I think were going to make it! The dog is taken care of, the laundry is done, the beds have clean sheets, the bathrooms are scrubbed. 1 checked bag, 5 carry ons, 3 excited kids, 2 already tired parents, 3 cousins and Aunt Ruth who are flying with us, lots of snacks, Dramamine, and an eagerness to get there. We are off...

10 comments:

jenn gent said...

Good luck! See you soon!!!

Andrea said...

If your coming to Washington...beware it's cloudy! I have used Allegiant Air and your right...the base ticket price is very decieving. Have fun!

Jenn said...

I am so sorry, as is Baylee, that we are not taking care of Tiger. It really would be a nightmare for Tanner so I guess we will shoot for a later time. Hope your vacation is wonderful!! I am jealous that you get to leave the hot and go to God's country for awhile.

Linda said...

Cute post! Have a great time in the NW.

lydia moyer said...

if your husband says he gets motion sickness and needs that stuff, he's lying he just wants to be knocked out while flying with 3 kids!:) allen used to have to take that when we went on car trips or the car would end up smelling like the inside of his stomach before we got there!

Heidi said...

What always gets me is the weight restriction on the checked bags. Fifty lbs.! I always have to remove stuff and shove items into my carry-on, pockets, diaper bag, etc.!

(So, I thought I'd better leave a comment since my word verification is "coment". See, now you've got me obsessed with those things on your blog!)

Have fun in WA! I wish our vacations were overlapping!

Kristi said...

Good luck! Have a good trip!

The Francois Family said...

Is this your trip to Washington? Have a great time! The weather is beautiful this week so I hope you're enjoying it. It probably feels almost cool to you guys!

Julie said...

I am sorry we missed you guys! I went out to the Lake tonight with my kids but you had already gone. Hope you had a great time. Next time we need to make an appointment to see each other.

Our Deli-Sub said...

We just got back from the Gents. I was hoping to see you guys. We will have to plan for some time next time you guys are here. Hope you had a great trip.