What a wonderful Christmas. I hope everyone enjoyed this magical time of year as much as our family did! It was different this year not traveling during Christmas time but it allowed for wonderful Christmas memories! Our ward started a Christmas pixie week (we snuck around for a week leaving goodies for our secret families). We had so much fun trying to keep our identity a secret and watching Dad run! The kids made a paper chain in Primary for the twenty five days leading up to Christmas. Each day had a Christmas song and Scripture to read. It was so nice to end our busy days with that and it made for great discussions about our Savior! The kids learned more about the joy of giving and the true meaning of Christmas. I have to smile everytime Emily says a prayer now because she is "so thankful for Jesus's Birthday and his party"! I am so thankful for the outpouring of love from our friends and family this holiday season. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from Christmas eve and Christmas morning.
Shanda and I made blankets to go with the
new Pajamas on Christmas Eve.
Does Santa have kids? Are the reindeer boys or girls? Does Santa like Soy milk or reg? (Thanks Mike & Jenna) etc. I thought Santa came up with some pretty good answers!
Makayla really wanted an Ipod. A few days before Christmas I overheard Makayla all alone in the living room..."St. Nicholas, if you can hear me, all I want for Christmas is three things, an Ipod, a jumprope, and a Unicorn. Please St. Nick!" I had a good laugh!

The highlight of Christmas for the girls!

Emily wanted real makeup and had me put it on her right away!

Taylor even snuck out back to enjoy the new jeep!
The highlight of Christmas for the girls!
Emily wanted real makeup and had me put it on her right away!
Taylor even snuck out back to enjoy the new jeep!
Taylor is our little scientist and asked for a telescope! Lots of fun star gazing ahead!

9 comments:
Thanks friend, for catching me up again. It was a fun read. I love the picture of Emily!!! and your new running jacket looks fabulous!!
Hey friend!! Love the pictures...your kids are so cute! Looks like Christmas at the Gent's was a blast!
We are dying to know... Does Santa like soy or regular milk???
Looks like a very fun Christmas!
I thought it was Christmas morning all over again reading about your Christmas. You captured so well the spirit through word and photos. Your children are pure joy! I missed the post with pictures of the snow, all I can say is WOW! And somehow I missed the starting picture for the Turkey Trot. How funny! Again I say, so grateful for blogging and that we have connected. I really appreciate and love you.
I loved catching up on your posts. We went out of town for two weeks and now I was behind before we left. I think I'll have to do a few posts a day or something. It looks like you had a great christmas!
Okay, that second sentence didn't make sense. Take the now out. Tee hee hee.
I have to say I have been waiting for a Gent Blog up date! It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas I am so glad that you guys had fun. I really can't believe you made a snowman we didn't even come close to having enough snow on our fron lawn
i'm glad the santa treated you good this year! i'm having a hard time getting back into this blogging thing. my kids aren't funny anymore:)
can't believe your kids got up at 5--ours slept in until 7:30 looks like a great holiday---love the pics
Post a Comment