Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My three favorite hobbies...

I have three things that when I find some free time I love to do. First I love to Scrapbook. Second, I love to read and Third, I love Sports. Recently a friend (I wont mention any names :-)) told me that I needed to update my blog. Okay, Yes it has been ten days but here's the deal. First I mentioned scrapbooking. As you all know because of my countdown I have a scrapbooking getaway in one week. This takes some prep time (actually a lot of prep time if I want to be organized.) I have been busy organizing, developing pictures and playing with my embelishments...its so fun. As mentioned above I also love to read so I decided to join a book club. I have yet to make it to a meeting but I am enjoying reading the books they choose. Sooo. I have been trying to squeeze in a chapter here and there. Third I took up playing tennis again. Some of you may be asking yourselves whether or not I ever played tennis before? Well...when I say I took it up again that means after trying it maybe 5 times in my life I decided to play with my sister-in-laws and some other friends while our kids are at preschool. (FUN) Now I have a fourth love and that is blogging but I haven't been able to find the time lately...Here's what has been keeping us busy...

My Parents came to town for my brother's, wife's, brother's, wedding (confusing huh.) One of my Mom's and my favorite things to do when she comes to town is to walk through the Bellagio's gardens. They are so beautiful and they change them with every season. So, after picking my parents up from the airport we headed over to the gardens. Emily loved the big pumpkins and the tree that could move his eyes.



On Thursday and Friday we were pretty much wrapped up with the wedding. It was beautiful and Joe and I had a good time at all the festivities. We were definitely well fed for two days. We only had one major mishap. We decided to get a hotel room on Friday just so after the Temple ceremony we could go nap, shower and get ready for the "formal" reception. We got to the hotel and realized that my black formal dress was still hanging in our closet. After weighing the options we decided to check into the hotel and then I would run to the mall to see what I could find real quick. I was a bit embarassed when the lady at the check-in desk informed me that our reservation was at the OTHER Fiesta hotel on the OTHER side of town. OOPS! We decided we would just cancel the room and drive the hour and twenty minutes home, get my dress and come back. No such luck! Because I had made the reservation on line I couldn't cancel the reservation and get my money back. Long story short... My mom and I found a dress in 25 min. at the Mall, & headed over to the right hotel. My dad and Joe slept for an hour or so and we got ready and then checked out. I think we just rented a room by the hour? It was so good to see my parents and brother Tim and his family for the weekend. And, I love my new dress!
Waiting outside the Temple

5 comments:

lydia moyer said...

how do you manage to look so cute and put together in all your pictures. your hairs always perfect your makeup is perfect you actually have jewelry on!i don't remember the last time i wore jewelry...oh ya before kids! and hey i too love tennis before ada i played everyweek with a couple of friends.

jenn w said...

I love your new dress too! :) i have never really played tennis all that much. Ive always felt super uncoordinated-completely the opposite from how I feel when I shoot some hoops...remember how we used to try to kick each others butts at church basketball? I was always sooo afraid to play the alderwood ward because of you! i havent played in years and always crave a good game.

cute blog! Mine is private and totally boring--i hardly update, but if you'd like an invite click on my link to see my email.

Linda said...

This was a good post for getting to know you a little better. What are you reading now? I love to read, too, and wish that were all I had to do all day long! See you soon.

Jenn said...

It's about time we got an update!!
I love all of your hobbies too and can't wait for next weekend.

Heidi said...

Um, a few things here... we need a picture of "the dress" and the title of the book you are reading. I am in a book club and love it. We'll have to swap good reads.