Well...the best news ever according to a 5 year old. Makayla jumped in the car last week beaming. During Music class she discovered a loose tooth. Being the aggressive daughter that she is, she wiggled and wiggled. It finally fell out a few days later during dinner. She had a hard time trusting that her tooth would be okay under her pillow and would not get lost before the T.F. could come. She came in to our room the next morning, her eyes still closed, her hair crazy, but with a huge smile on her face holding the bag of money. (FYI-Emily is convinced that she has a loose tooth now.)
3 Years ago I gave into peer pressure after reading an article that said the average $amount per tooth for kids nowadays is $2.00. What was I thinking? I think I received a quarter back in the day. Now the standard has been set. Joe and I are going broke one tooth at a time.

11 comments:
I must be a little cheap because I only give 1 dollar. I think I'll survive this as long as none of the kids talk to other kids about it. Ha ha.
Even the tooth fairy believes in inflation. And the kids know the difference! The race BJ and I talked about is in Henderson. Is that the one you are doing? It would be fun to do one together.
ok, I go away for one weekend & you post & post, change your background AND make a countdown to scrapbook weekend (which is VERY cool, by the way), seriously though, are you keeping up with the house?
I love all your posts. Especially the pictures. I think that has to be one of my favorite things about posts. Sereiously, how do you do it all? I am amazed! Oh and I loved our double date Saturday.
Kathryn,
I love the countdown clock!!
I can't believe I get to come!!
See you soon!
I love your new pictures!
Karyn
Kathy!! I have to admit that when I saw your comment on my blog, I was really confused. I kept trying to think of a Kathryn that I knew back in the day. I came up short until I looked at your blog and saw your picture, but on my defense, I never knew you as Kathryn! You have always been Kathy to me. I'm really glad that you found me. I love how I have been able to catch up with everyone throught his whole blogging thing. You have such a beautiful family! Robyn doesn't have a blog I'm afraid, I have been trying to talk her into it for a while now.
Isn't it fun when the kids start losing their teeth. My six year old is losing his teeth faster then my eight year old. She (my eight year old) hates it! My kids would not be happy to find out that the tooth fairy is much more generous at your house! They only get a dollar here!
Well Hello Kathy Hammer!!! I saw your comment on Gini's blog and wanted to say hello. So fun to see you and your cute cute cute kiddos!
T.F. keeps forgetting to visit our house. It has been 2 nights now so hopefully tonight she will make it over.
haha ya i think the rate has definitely gone up i dont ever remember getting that muchfor a tooth
Can I just say that my husband is a pushover. Guess what he budgeted for the tooth fairy...FIVE BUCKS! Seriously! And he's usually so cheap...
$2?!? What a lucky girl and generous tooth fairy! I wonder what the going rate will be when in five years... better start saving now! :)
Post a Comment