Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lazy days of Summer!


So why don't I feel lazy? I feel like we are running from one adventure to the next this summer. I guess it's good. The kids are having a good time. We just got back from spending three days in Las Vegas at the Riviera hotel. Joe had a conference there and so the kids and I decided to join him. Here are some highlights...
-two full days of swimming, swimming and more swimming. (the kids actually asked if we could take a break from swimming)
-lots of family together time
-water show at the Bellagio and took the kids around the gardens
-the Richards came in and spent a day swimming.
-being with Dad in between classes
-eating out
-Staying at a hotel (one of our kid's favorite things to do...I am not sure why?)

Now let me confess...I conveniently left my camera at home because all I could think about was that it would be one more event to scrapbook. I know that is terrible. Oh well!

favorite part of the trip for me: Hearing Emily ask if we could go on the "elegator" one more time.

A few things I learned on this trip: Emily would like to be 22! It is possible to sleep four people on a double bed! It works better to make a bed on the floor rather then two chairs pushed together! Kids never tire of pushing the "elegator" buttons and consequently many tears come from pushing the "elegator" buttons! If you push the "ICE" button on the ice machine over and over you end up with a lot of ice on the floor! It is important to remember which floor you are on so that you don't have to get off on every floor looking for your room (the kids think it is hilarious though)! It is better to explain before hand that there will be immodest swim suits and people with alcohol at the hotel!


Well off to the next adventure. On Saturday we are heading to Girls camp as a family to keep watch over the equipment for two days until everyone arrives. Didn't anyone tell the stake that I don't do camping so well.

3 comments:

jenn gent said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy your camping...

severts6 said...

What a fun weekend! We love visisting Las Vegas. I'm with you on the camping. :)

Doug Farr said...

Hi. I noticed your blog from amber's site. I hope you don't mind that I took a peek. It sounds like you had a great time in Vegas. Doug and I recently stayed in Vegas (without the kids) and went to "The Blue Man Group". It was totally awesome. Is it okay if I put a link of your site on mine? dkfarrkids.blogspot.com Thanks. Kristi