Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's a good thing he is cute!!

My (redheaded) friend and I have a joke that Redheads have a little devil that sits on our shoulders. We usually don't listen to it but now and then, well. . .

Joshua didn't have a devil on his shoulder this morning, he was consumed with it. :)

 EXHIBIT A

EXHIBIT B

EXHIBIT C
FIRST OFFENSE:  Because I went grocery shopping early this morning I didn't get a shower in before Joshua was awake. I set him up with Backyardigans on the TV, a drink of milk and his blanket and went to take a quick shower. It is never a good sign when you hear water running after you have turned off the shower! I quickly ran out to the kitchen to find Joshua up on the kitchen counter straddling the faucet with the reverse osmosis spicket broken off, water cascading all over him, onto the counter and down to the floor. SEE EXHIBIT A
NOTE: Of course his diaper is now inflated with water like he has been swimming in the diaper and much to my delight he is VERY poopy!

SECOND OFFENSE:  I go into my bathroom to put my makeup on after giving Joshua a snack. He decided to dump the snack and then stomp on them to crush them into tiny pieces all over the kitchen floor. I heard him laughing and having a great time and walked into the kitchen to find a great big mess.
SEE EXHIBIT B (He thought it was hilarious)

THIRD OFFENSE:  On to the next snack where Mom gets smart and puts him in his chair at the table to eat. He decided he doesn't want to sit any longer, climbs out and then somehow falls and hits his forehead on the floor. SEE EXHIBIT C (The goose egg has gone way down in the picture! Thank goodness)

Time elapsed: 1 hour

After that I grabbed him, wrapped him up in his blanket, and held him tight. He sweetly smiled up at me, and snuggled in close!  I love my little redhead!

2 comments:

D said...

Oh my gosh I am so right there with you on all of this, I may even still this idea for a post of my own. Yes, Heavenly Father made redheads so cute because they can get into so much trouble. I think I may even start a blog just for my little redhead, Logan Middle name TROUBLE.blogspot.com

Last week when making French toast I had to run upstairs to get the baby and when I came back down Logan had cracked an entire 18 pack of eggs all over my island; it was dripping off every side.

The best part is when he knows he has done something wrong he gives me a big kiss then says "you k" translation, you okay?!

My Logan will be 2 in March, how old is your little man? Could you imagine the messes they could make together?! I don’t even want to think about it.

Jessica said...

He cracks me up! The Lord blessed him with that great smile for a sure reason. How could you ever stay angry at him? LOL