Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Confessions of a not-so-great camper!

Alot of you may know that camping. . . well it's not my favorite thing!

However, once a year, I plug my nose, ignore the dirty fingernails, pray that know one will catch something, and sleep in a tent. Is it just me or is camping a lot of work?

So here goes. . . time for me to confess!

  • I don't think s'mores are very good. (I would much rather have a cookie! )
  • I gag when I have to go into an outhouse!
  • I feel much more comfortable behind a locked door when I am sleeping
  • I make Joe go to the bathroom with me if its dark!
  • I suffer from seperation anxiety when I can't use my blow dryer! ( I have cowlicks)
Okay, a bit dramatic I know, but the great thing is my kids don't know so. . .I put on a smile, and find that by the end of the weekend I am really glad we were able to go, loving the memories we made and psyching myself up for next year.


1 comment:

CGillett said...

So funny! I couldn't agree more about camping, for different reasons, but I dread it just the same. Why guys and kids think sleeping in a tent in the middle of no-where is fun, I'll never know. Good luck with next years trip!