We started him young! He was our first child and we were excited to send him off to school!
He was, and most years still is, the youngest in his class!
His kindergarten teacher spent after school hours working with him on his letters and sounds!
His first grade teacher spent extra time reading with him!
His second grade teacher recommended an after school reading tutoring program which he loved.
His third and fourth grade teacher (she was the same both years) put him into a reading program.
and now. . .
Yesterday Taylor was awarded a certificate for doing something No one in his school district has ever done before! He read 3 MILLION words this school year!
He just took off and now we have to tell him he has to stop reading and go to bed! What a blessing and what an accomplishment!
Way to go Taylor!

4 comments:
Now that is an accomplishment! How very exciting!
Isn't it one of the most rewarding things as a parent- to see your children enjoy reading??!! I know that it makes me beam from ear to ear when I find them reading instead of other things they could be doing.
Thumbs Up Taylor!
Awesome, I can't believe how much he has grown up, he was a baby last I saw him!
Hey I am doing pretty good can't complain! My family is good! Your not old you look fantastic! You need to come out here sometime ;) are you guys still In Nevada?
Post a Comment