What a wonderful day! Makayla was baptized on her birthday which happened to be Thanksgiving. We had lots of family in town and many friends came as well. Makayla wanted Grandma Hammar to speak but we found out she wouldn't be able to make it. You should of seen the look on her face when Grandma came up on the TV screen and had taped her baptism talk. It was great. Aunt Shanda was the other speaker and she made all of us cry and laugh. She did an outstanding job. Everyone that participated did great!
A more personal note for journaling purposes:
I pray regularly that Joe and I will teach and raise our children in such a way that they will have a love for Jesus Christ and his gospel. That they will be able to experience and recognize promptings from the Holy Ghost so that they will be firmly rooted in the Gospel. Today Makayla was so happy. She told me several times how excited she was to be baptized and how good it felt. She also said that the water was so warm she wanted to stay in. You could definitely see that special light in her eyes as her whole face smiled. I am so proud of her and pleased with her decision to be baptized. It couldn't have been a more perfect day.

1 comment:
Happy Birthday and Baptism to Makayla! I'm glad she had such a special day!!
Post a Comment