Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A special stop!

Mike and Jenna and Anna Kate came and hung out for a few hours at the cabin before taking us back to Bellingham where we were flying out of. They made dinner for us and then took us to Western Washington University campus. This was a special stop for Joe and I because this is where we met, dated and eventually got engaged. We had not been back to the spot where Joe proposed. Just a few days before our vacation the kids had asked me about how their Dad and I met. I told them the story and Makayla lit up when I told her she was going to actually see the place that I had told her about. Thank you Mike and Jenna for a fun night and taking us to recreate such a special memory!





This is at Red square, the center of all of the buildings on campus. Both Joe and I passed this water fountain many times a day...that is when I went to class. :-)

This area is beautiful and it overlooks the water. We laugh thinking back to that night. It was April Fools day and so Joe waited until after Midnight not wanting me to think it was a joke. We got engaged April 2, 1996. I can't believe how fast time flies.

3 comments:

jenn gent said...

Thanks for coming to see us! We had a fun time with your fam!!

Coil Fam said...

How romantic! What a fun thing for your kids to see where their parents first met. Great updates and fun pictures. It was fun to see Debbie and the kids.

Linda said...

What a cool story and especially neat because you were able to share that with your kids. Welcome back to hot NV. I missed your updated posts!