Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl

Emily is 4 years old. On July 16th she spent her fourth birthday driving home from Montana. As sad as that sounds she wasn't too disappointed. She woke up to find some fun birthday surprises. She had told me that on her Birthday she wanted to wear A "Birthday girl" crown. She got her crown and also some fun presents. We sang to her a lot in the car and let her go "first" all day. When we got to Joe's Aunt and Uncle's house for a break they had dinner and cake and ice cream waiting with a house full of cousins to play with. Emily thought it was great and wanted to know how they knew to throw her a Birthday party. The night before her Birthday I was tucking Emily into bed and told her that tomorrow would be her birthday. She said, "Mom, I want you and Dad to call me "The Birthday girl" all day tomorrow!" She got her wish.



My favorite things about Emily:


*Emily has a lot of love. She is always quick to hug and kiss us and always ready to cuddle. She loves to give "the biggest hug ever" knocking me backwards.


*Emily turned four but I think it is more like 24! Being the youngest she is always trying to keep up with her older brother and sister. She does not like to be told she is too young for anything.


*Emily is constantly making me laugh. She says the funniest things. Her latest being, "Thats my boy!" talking to her Dad when he did something she liked. She also has a fake laugh when she thinks she should be laughing but doesn't quite understand why.


*Emily found herself a best friend when our dog Tiger came to live with us. The two are always together and somehow he puts up with everything she does. (ie. teaching him to dance) He cries when she isn't around. It is so fun to watch them together.


*Emily has a great imagination. It is not uncommon to find her in her room playing with all of the toys deep into the world of make believe.


*Emily has a great love for Jesus Christ. While flying on the airplane last week she said, "Mom, were way up in the sky so where is Jesus?" I find her saying prayers and reading her scriptures.

I could go on and on. This four year old has captured my heart. I am so grateful that I am blessed enough to be her Mother and that she is a part of our family. Happy Birthday Emily!

2 comments:

Chris and Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday Emily. What an angel you have. I can't believe how much she has grown. It feels like just yesterday we were visiting you and she was a newborn. What good times.
Aubrey

jenn gent said...

Happy (late) Birthday Emily!